Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Baby 1st Trimester Scan

Wanted to blog this but have not been logging on lately. Perhaps due to the lethargy since the day I'm pregnant I think. So nowadays I have been reporting past events that are sometimes passed 2weeks !!
Anyway, went for my 1st trimester scan as requested by my gynae.
I went alone after settling Jamie for her afternoon nap at my parents' place. Thought it will be a short one so I asked CQ not to acompany me. Moreover the timeslot allocated to me was 3:30pm. (prior that I came with Jamie for my blood test at 9am)
Waited for almost 2hrs (arrived an hour early) and finally it was my turn. The first thing I was asked was if my husband came with me. I was quite puzzled as I thought its just a scan, why need husband around?
It was till after the scan then I realised the important of husband's company.
Before the scan, the gynae (not my own gynae) took at least 10-15mins to explain to me the probability of getting a Down Syndrome child as relation to the mother's age. After which, he carefully scanned through the baby's every details mainly the spine, neck and eyes, face area. I suppose these are the important signs of having a Down Syndrome child.
It was a long-long scan. At least half an hour. The usual ultrasound scan only takes a mere 2-3mins the most. So can imagine, me admiring the baby every movement for so long!!
Surprisingly the report came out instantly on the spot after the scan. With the blood test and the scan, the gyane has given a above 95% of us conceiving a normal healthy baby. Praise the Lord!!

No comments: