Sunday, October 16, 2005

How To Teach Your Baby to Read

I have been exploring many English educational books since early this year and have yet to find the so-called best solution to teach Jamie how to recognise words rather than pictures which she is capable of naming most of those commercial flash cards + pictures that I bought from Popular Bookstore.
While Jamie is currently reading I Can Read Chinese progressive books when she was about 19months old (she is capable of recognising the Chinese words after rounds of reading), I have yet to find a compatible English resources for her till I happened to read up from a local forum regarding Glenn Doman's teaching, The Gentle Revolution. However to invest in GD's English Reading Kit, is not going to be cheap!! After many days & nights of sourcing, connecting & getting suggestions from various moms who had used the kit (their children are now able to read books that are at beyond their age range), I finally found the solution whereby I need not have to invest in the reading kit at all! Hurray !! I am truly excited about it and am looking forward to start Jamie on GD's teaching soon.

As for the Maths Kits, I will loan it from a fren who is willing to let me try it out :D

No comments: