Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Once in a blue moon

As I'm writing this I am really exhausted after a 3hrs "battle" I had with Jamie since around 1045pm. Tonight was one of her "once in a blue moon" refusal to sleep or drink. As I am real determined not to hug her till she dozed off, I gently placed her back in her cot when she's about to enter into her dreamland. But this time, she started to make a fuss almost immediately when I left her room! Closed behind our bedroom door, I tried to ignored the long wailing with occasional paused. After some 10mins, the cries continued. Thought she may be hungry for another milk feed, I dragged myself off the bed. Only sucking for perhaps few seconds, she pushed the bottle away, a usual indication that she's ain't wanting to finish her milk. With much frustration and stubborness, I insisted that she should drinks some more. Being a compliance child, she drank few sucks to apeased me. 10mins passed and Jamie almost dozed off on my chest. Again, trying to put her back before she enters dreamland.... arggghhh... here's she goes again!! This time round, with door shut, I waited for something to happen as I knew she might vomit. True enough she did!

So we spent some 1/2hr of cleaning and washing up before coaxing her to bed for the one last time.

It's 1:45am and here she did it again!! As I continue writing this, Jamie is now standng in her cot crying. Now I'm really suspecting she might have some bad dreams perhaps. Hence the refusal to sleep alone as she has not problem doing that since birth. I shall wait till the cries subside before creeping back to bed.

**Phew!! Jamie fell back to bed after about 5mins of standing with occasional weak cries. Finally I can sleep in peace**

No comments: