Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Dong Jie a.k.a Tang Yuan Jie

Din realised today is the day for Tang Yuan!! Mil was telling me that fil couldn't handle all those cooking & offering of food for ancestors so my sil and family came down late morning today to help out on the cooking part. It was a great day for Jamie cos her 2 cousins were here to play with her although they messed up all her toys. Of course Jamie wouldn't mind (or does she mind?) , in fact she was so happy to see her Jie Jie again. She just love to play among the children vs playing alone with the adults. Perhaps that's make a whole lot of different for her. But I must say I really missed those days when I was still living with my parents before I got married and my mom used to cook Tang Yuan for the family. But now I'm glad that I'm able to enjoy this traditions here with my in-laws who are staying just next door to us. It's such heart warming to be able to eat, chat and watch TV together while the children playing happily with one another.

No comments: